ABOUT MECHANICAL WATCHES
By following a few simple and easy points, you will insure that your watch will be reliable for years to come.
1. By the nature of it's components, the watch is mechanical. It will not be as accurate as a quartz watch and it is not as tolerant under certain circumstances. You can reasonably expect that a mechanical watch MAY run +/- 5 minutes per day. Colder and warmer temperatures that may be experienced during shipping may affect the timekeeping temporarily upon arrival.
2. Please do not over wind or force your watch. Just wind it slowly until it is enough to get the watch started. If it is an automatic (rotor) type, or if manual, wind until you feel it stop. Do not force the watch past this point, as doing so will likely damage the mainspring or stem, both of which may be costly to fix.
3. Your watch will require periodic service to maintain it's optimum condition. A service includes a complete cleaning and oiling and should be performed at intervals of every 18 months, sooner if the watch will encounter dusty or damp environments regularly. Please be sure to use the services of a qualified service technician, experienced in the care and maintenance of mechanical watches.
4. Unlike quartz or battery operated watches, a severe jolt or dropping the watch may cause damage to the fine mechanisms inside. Please exercise the care afforded to any vintage or antique item.
5. There are replacements for most mercury based watch batteries and here is a great chart for all battery types: https://www.batteryequivalents.com/wrist-watch-battery-replacement-chart.html
By following these simple steps, you will be able to prolong the life of your vintage watch. Most of all, wear it and enjoy it.
Link to my vintage watches: https://www.deco-daze.com/?store-page=Vintage-Watches-c174215
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away - Picasso
From the first time I watched a classic movie as a young girl, and watched Astaire and Rogers float across a dance floor I have loved art deco design, art, fashion and jewelry. So bold and beautiful, and so different from anything that came before it, art deco changed social and design sensibilities forever.A lifetime collector of high quality antiques and vintage, I started by making contacts, researching and learning. Picking the best of the best, I live with art deco and vintage decor and used to wear the fashions of the day. To say that I feel in love is an understatement. I reveled in the fact that I was able to reflect my unique style and sensibilities with a marriage of old and new. What you see in my shop is my personal collection. Since I was in my teens I have bought what pleases me, what I find beautiful and unique, and the things that speak to me on a creative level. I hope that you can see and feel the passion and love that I feel for antiques and vintage pieces and share with you. You will find art deco, collectible and vintage fine art paintings, original illustrations and magazine covers, home decor, marble, alabaster and metal lamps, nude flapper table lamps, sterling silver decorative accents and tableware for the home and entertaining, designer and estate jewelry and fine vintage watches in my shop.